Monday, April 21, 2008

"Z g***a i ze stali powstało Atari"

Forgive me the Polish title but it seems to be very adequate an introduction... Yes, ladies & gentlemen, Atari was the name of this marvellous electronic device. What was the year? 1993, I guess... A gift of charity from my uncle whose parents bought it some 10 years before he decided to pass it to me and my bro.



Lo and behold...













Isn't it awe-inspiring? I know it is!

This piece of art was already archaic when we got it, but this gift made my day anyway. It didn't matter that you had to wait even half an hour to get a game booted in. Do you remember, old gamers, "River Raid" and "Pac Man"?

Time passed and I started my adventure with programming. This fascination of mine lasted for more than a year and I must admit that I was fairly prolific! Fruits of my work included, among others, such masterpieces as "Cześć, to ja komputer" and... eh, can't recall any other :)

That is how it started.

1 comment:

AgataL said...

I'm really impressed! And that smart cassette player that seems to be part of the "set"! Kudos to you - you did learn from the basics. And thanks for sharing your story. :)